Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I was on your porch, the smoke sank into my skin.
So I came inside to be with you.
And we talked all night,
about everything we could imagine.

'Cause come the morning I'll be gone

and as our eyes start to close
I turn to you and I let you know that I Love You

Well my dad was sick,

and my mom she cared for him.
Her love it nursed him back to life.
And me, I ran. I couldn't even look at him
for fear I'd have to say goodbye.

And as I start to leave

he grabs me by the shoulder and he tells me:
"Whats left to lose? You've done enough.
And if you fail well then you fail but not to us.
'Cause these last three years, I know they've been hard.
But now its time to get out of the desert and into the sun;
even if its alone."

So now here I sit, in a hotel off of Sunset;

my thoughts bounce off of Sam's guitar.
And that's the way its been,
ever since we were kids but now,
now we've got Something to prove.
And I, I can see there eyes,
but tell me something, can they see mine?

'Cause whats left to lose?

I've done enough.
And if I fail well then I fail but i gave it a shot.
And these last three years, I know they've been hard.
But now its time to get out of the desert and into the sun;
even if its alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment